Redhill Centre for Local and Family History
Even better, visit us at the following times each month (except August) when volunteers are available to help you use the resources and equipment.
- First and third Saturday 2pm - 4pm
- Second and Fourth Thursday 4.30pm - 6.30pm.
Telephone: 0300 200 1001
Fax: 01737 778020
The local and family history centre exists to encourage interest in local and family history in Redhill, Reigate, Bletchingley, Buckland, Earlswood, Gatton, Leigh, Merstham, Nutfield, Salfords and Sidlow.
We offer an extensive range of resources including census records, parish registers, large scale maps, directories and photos.
We provide a microfilm and microfiche reader-printer and there is access to the internet on the library computer terminals.
If we can't answer your question, we can refer you to local experts or Surrey History Centre. When the centre is not staffed you can leave a written enquiry.
Redhill Local and Family History Centre is a partnership between Surrey Libraries, Surrey History Centre, Reigate and District Family History Group, Holmesdale Natural History Club, Reigate Priory Museum and the Merstham Society.
See also Wings Museum at Redhill Aerodrome.
Redhill Local and Family History Centre is looking for more volunteer stewards and committee members. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
Books produced by the Centre
- Victorian Reigate and Redhill (for schoolchildren) by Tony Powell £2.50
- Royalists, Roundheads and Rogues of Reigate by Brenda Potter £2.50
- Tudor Reigate (for schoolchildren) by Tony Powell £2.50
- Family History Guide to Local Records (Reigate and District) by Arthur Hawkes and Jackie Johnson £2.50
Cheque with order please, payable to Redhill Centre for Local and Family History. UK postage and packing £1 per book, for overseas please contact us.