The eight guides forming the Surrey Cycle Guides are a set of maps showing the location of cycling facilities, recommended cycling routes and rights of way where you are legally allowed to cycle. Using the A to Z street map base they will help you plan your cycle journey whether it is for work or for leisure. The selected routes are those used by local cyclists on a regular basis and as such can be considered to be the best that are currently available. The off-road routes are also graded according to ease of use.
All eight guides can be purchased from the following Libraries in Surrey: Staines, Camberley, Woking, Walton-on-Thames, Epsom, Guildford, Dorking, Redhill, Farnham and Godalming. Other libraries hold smaller stocks covering their local area. The cost per guide is £2 or £10 for the set of eight guides from main libraries.
An updated edition is scheduled to become available in November 2014. Existing stocks of the old versions are low but still available at the libraries.
The map below shows how the county is split up. The following table will help you identify which guide(s) you will need:
Guide Number - Places included on guide
- Ashford, Chertsey, Egham, Laleham, Molesey, Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell
- Addlestone, Bagshot, Brookwood, Byfleet, Camberley, Chobham, Frimley, Lightwater, Pyrford, Woking
- Banstead, Cobham, Epsom, Esher, Ewell, Fetcham, Leatherhead, Tadworth, Weybridge
- Ash, Farnham, Godalming, Guildford, Puttenham, Tongham, Worplesdon
- Bletchingley, Dorking, Effingham, Gomshall, Horley, Merstham, Nutfield, Redhill, Reigate
- Alfold, Chiddingfold, Cranleigh, Elstead, Frensham, Haslemere, Hindhead, Witley
- Capel, Charlwood, Ewhurst, Forest Green, Ockley
- Caterham, Dormansland, Felbridge, Godstone, Lingfield, Oxted, Warlingham, Woldingham, Whyteleafe
Surrey has some of the most congested roads in the country. The guides provide information for determining your route by bicycle rather than by car. Each guide also contains information on the National Cycle Network and other major leisure cycle routes that cross Surrey.
Cycle Guide Map
To view a cycle guide using our interactive map, click the relevant area of the following map. Alternatively, choose one of the links below the map. Please note: your chosen cycle guide will open in a new window.
Cycle Guide 1 | Cycle Guide 2 | Cycle Guide 3 | Cycle Guide 4
Cycle Guide 5 | Cycle Guide 6 | Cycle Guide 7 | Cycle Guide 8